Re: [OT] Dreamweaver help

Hi John,

You should go into the help and look at/read up on using Dreamweaver
Templates.

You can then create a template for your site with your header/footer
and create the middle section as an editable region.

Them by modifying the template, Dreamweaver will scan all the files an
update the changes on your pages automatically.

Dreamweaver will protect the non-editable regions(i.e. the template
bit) from being modified when normally editing pages.

HTH

Andy
---

Are there any Dreamweaver users out there that might be able to help me.

As you will be able to tell, I'm new to using Dreamweaver. Is there anyway
of including html files (such as headers and footers) into a standard html
page, so that when the site is publish, that code gets inserted (I'm not
after server-side includes). I've tried various things, been though all of
the help file and looked at the macromedia web site. But nothing, and I'm
sure you must be able to do this.

Please reply off list.

JB