Re: X10 software, and serial port? need help

Hi Gary,

> I have tried all morning to get activehome to receive data sent out
> by a separate PC via a "terminal" program into my laptop
without
> success? I know data is being sent out, as I am monitoring it using
> PortMon software.
>
> I am not certain of the data format to be sent, for example "all
> lights off" ?
> The COM port set up is 4800, 8 bit, no parity, 1 stop bit, is this
> correct?

Take a look at the protocol for the CM11/CM12 X10 interface - available
from the X10 FTP site at:
ftp://ftp.x10.com/pub/manuals/cm11a_protocol.txt

Also probably available from various other sites if you google for CM11a
protocol.

HTH,

John