RE: Re: Sky+ and terrestrial on 2 cables?

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: Sky+ and terrestrial on 2 cables?
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 19:24:49 -0000

> From: Stephen Jones [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
>

> Thanks for that Keith
>
> That's what I had assumed but wasn't sure. I suppose it'll be a
"suck it
> and see" situation. Fit the dish and lnb, fit the stacker, fit
the
> destacker, check the signal strength, and then if need be try to
> amplifier the signal at the top end.

If you find that you need an amp dont forget to check the bandwidth of it
as
most of them will be designed for the 950-2150 MHz range. Amplifying the
second LNB before the combiner would probably overload the combiner.
Amplifying after the splitter could well be too late.

Also the loss would be greater at the upper end of the band than the lower
meaning you would need an amp with equalisation. That is getting into
professional SMATV kit with the associated professional pricing. Provided
the cable run isnt too long it should be fine.

Keith