RE: IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 17:51:27 -0000

I found somewhere with stock of the TSOP1838 at inflated prices.

The problem was not that it was discontinued but that it wasnt being
produced at the time and there was a 6-9 month wait for stock.

I still have some left and it is also available from RS Components.

Vishay currently list it as "not for new designs" because it will
be
discontinued at some time but its replacement is the TSOP 4838.

http://www.vishay.com/ir-receiver-modules/

Keith