Re: Electrical relays

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Benfield, John"
<john.benfield@r...>
wrote:
> Need a bit of help with souring an electrical replay.
<snip>
> I had a look at the RS web site, but it listed five pages of
> relays, and not being and electrical type got very confused.
> Has anyone got any ideas of the type of relay I need?

John,

why not just use a car starter motor relay ?
Pre-engaged starter motors have the relay built in, but
older motors didn't
Go along to your local car parts place and ask for a
starter solenoid for a bendix type ford starter motor.

No idea of cost, but would guess no more than about a fiver.

Cheers,
John.