RE: IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IR Distribution {Scanned for Viruses}
  • From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2003 08:17:53 -0000

Ross,

I've been looking to do something similar.

Xantech stuff is very highly rated. It's not cheap but does work straight
out of the box, http://www.xantech.com and at the bottom
of this page http://www.letsautomate.com/index.cfm?CFID=44860&CFTOKEN=99331959&Nav=IRAccessories&;.

If you want to roll-your-own, there are circuits on the 'net, Google will
bring up loads. One design that was mentioned quite a lot on here in the
past is a circuit by Nigel Orr. Nigel states, though, that the chip he used
is no longer available - has anyone else found a suitable alternative ?

What's the "best" option for an IR distribution circuit (I don't
need the IrDA stuff either)  ??

Cheers,

Tim.

+