RE: KISS DP500

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: KISS DP500
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2003 23:22:00 -0000

You can stream .VOB's but if you extract a DVD you get multiple VOBs and
playing a VOB doesn't give you the whole movie in one hit nor does it give
you access to the DVD menus. For that you need to be able to use the
VIDEO_TS.IFO file which seems to be the "index" that ties
everything
together.

The player *MUST* be able to understand it as it reads the VIDEO_TS.IFO
file
>from

Phil

SWMBO
>   > approval in my life, she is in heaven. I must say the new PC
link
>   > softweare is very good. I am going to see how it handles some
> VOBs later.
>   >
>   > I can honestly say, I have been very pleased with my DP500. I
am
>   > thinking of installing my copy of showshifter onto my media
>   > server (recording in divx pro) and seeing how it handles
streamed
>   > recordings. Does anyone have any experience of doing this ??
>
>   I've just been in touch with KISS's tech support guys because about
18
>   months ago we had a DP500 to trial because I thought that it
> would be the
>   ideal bit of kit for the playback of my network movies ...
unfortunatly
>   although at the time they assured me that it would play
> extracted DVD's off
>   the network they were wrong but assured me that it would be
> attended to in a
>   future firmware release.
>
>   Well, I had the "pleasure" of talking by email to one of
their guys last
>   week ... I explained carefully what I was doing and how I was
storing my
>   movie data and asked whether the DP500 could now play that data off
the
>   network.
>
>   "Yes ... that has been working for some time." was the
reply ... so I