RE: 1U PSU's/heat removal

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: 1U PSU's/heat removal
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2003 23:08:55 +0100

I put a bathroom fan extract into my Node0 (double wardrobe) and that
helpe=
d a lot with keeping the temp down (by 5-10 Deg or so). But it is in an
ups=
tairs room. Will also depend on ambient air temp of air flowing into the
ro=
om (and how quickly it can get into the room).

=20

I recently had aircon installed in my office which is about 3.5 x 5m -
Shar=
p wall mounted Inverter unit (very sexy looking) and 4Kw max power - even
w=
ith all my PCs and monitors going it cools the room down within a minute
or=
so :-) Pretty small unit but will cost around =A31200 - 1300 fully install=
ed! There are cheaper self-install wall units around though but not as
good=
.

=20

Trouble with loft mounting is that you still need an outside condenser -
ru=
nning in the loft, it's likely to overheat and shut down (no decent
install=
er would even consider this).

Paul.=20

=20