Ethernet for HomeVision/Pro - Update from Dan

Here's a cut and paste from Dan's reply....

M.

Thanks Mark.  I do have a network interface ready now for HomeVision-Pro.
It is called HV-ProNet.  It is not typically installable by the end user
since it requires desoldering and soldering.  I am, however, making it
available to beta testers of HomeVision-Pro if they can install it
themselves.  Otherwise, if someone wants HV-ProNet, they need to buy
HomeVision-Pro from me.  One option I am offering my customers is that for
$20 I will install the header required by HV-ProNet.  They can then buy
HV-ProNet in the future and install it themselves.

The network interface that can be used by HomeVision, and really any device
with a serial port, is called CAT-Net.  It is almost ready to be released.
Probably within 1 week.

HV-ProNet adds $94 to the cost of HomeVision-Pro.  If you just get the
header installed for $20, then it will cost $109 when it is bought at a
future date.  Not sure yet on the price for CAT-Net, but it will be about
$140 to $150 most likely.

Regards,
Dan Hoehnen
Custom Automation Technologies, Inc.