RE: C-Bus and HomeGate AND tablet PC question

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: RE: C-Bus and HomeGate AND tablet PC question
  • From: Michael Sanders <m_w_sanders@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 15:25:48 +0100 (BST)

Thanks for the further information, Kevin.  I do plan on running HomeGate
o=
n more than one PC in due course so that explanation will be vital!
=20
Whilst on that topic, can anyone recommend a touch screen PC (I'm guessing
=
a tablet will be the best bet) with a stand which I can use as an
additiona=
l HomeGate control panel.  The only real requirements would be (1) the
abil=
ity to run either HomeGate itself (i.e. a Windows machine) or Remote
Deskto=
p; (2) decent size touch screen (say, 800 by 600); and (3) a RJ45 (wired)
e=
thernet port.  I already have a wireless unit for the main room (a
ViewSoni=
c v110) and this would be a unit for by the bed.  Would the Fujitsu Point
5=
10 do the trick?  If so, does anyone have one to sell?
=20
As for the design of the HomeGate menu system, my other half has kindly
agr=
eed to have a go at the graphic design / layout tasks.  This is a great
rel=
ief as (1) she is substantially more talented in that area than me; and
(2)=
it is the first time, leaving aside TiVo which she loves, that she has bee=
n even remotely interested in my gadgets!  If we produce anything
noteworth=
y, I'll let you know.
=20
Cheers,