Re: HomeVision

Hi
Thanks Guys.

So you are getting the best features out of each product.
So you could run Homesteer for the Web interface, Homevision for
faster and better control and comfort for the Alarm system. Even
though there is some overlap, ie Comfort can do its own control.

This doesnt half take some planning.

So If I was to aim for a PC running Homesteer for my Web Interface.
linked into Homevision to run all my automation
Comfort for my alarm system.
Xantech linked into HV for IR distribution.
Kat5 modules for Audio and Video Networks
Data network is a straightforward patch system.

I would be on the right track
Have I missed anything.

Thanks
Mark

wrote:
> > > I am quite new to home automation etc and am still in the
playing
> and
> > > planning stage,
> > > I currently have a PC running homeseer and am adding X10
units
all
> > > the time.
> > > I am also planing my various networks, Data, Audio, Video IR
etc.

> > Have fun there, you'll learn a lot. ;)
> >
> > > So wher does HomeVision come in, would it be in place of my
> Homeseer
> > > set up or an addition. What is the advantage over what I
already
> have.
> >
> > HV is far more stable for a start as you're not relying on a PC
but
> on
> > dedicated hardware and damned good hardware at that.
> >
> > The other huge benefit is the I/O ports and relays to run the
likes
> of PIRs
> > etc. which while it is possible with Homeseer & an CM12, it
is
much
> harder
> > to implement and means third party "bits". This in turn
makes