From: Ward, David=20
To: Ukha_D (E-mail)=20
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2003 2:48 PM
Subject: [ukha_d] Remotes

I think we are about ready to take the plunge an buy a programmable remot=
e.
We've a very simple setup with Tivo, TV, DVD, VHS, and Tuner/Amp/CD playe=
r.
But the attraction of Macro's such as 'Play DVD' - 'Show Tivo Now playing=
'
will hopefully reduce the juggling required.

I've seen 2Mb RU940 Proto's for =A3150 to =A3170  and RU950's for over th=
e =A3200
mark.  Is the RU950 worth the extra and is the charger/cradle essential?

What is the general consensus vs. dedicated remotes such as Pronto and a =
PDA
based remote such as a cheap Axim and a CF-IR extender if required.

Is PDAWin the best app to go for (with its CCF compatiblity) or are other
better i.e.  Nevo ?

Thanks for your time and comments in advance

Dave