Re: Wireless LANs

Well, I can tell you that I have problems with my "G" Card and my
"G" WAP...
but that could be because the "G" card is actually an Apple
Airport Extreme...

As I said before I'm going to wait until Linksys release their new firmware
for the WAP, if that doesnt work... I'll probably eBay it and get an Apple
Airport basestation instead :-)

I've had a WAP11 and Orinoco silvers (from either Tony or Chris's BB)
working
together fine, no problems at all :-)

If you look around you may find some cards on eBay or there may well be
some
rebadged ones flying around - I have several by Enterasys - exact same
card,
different driver software...

HTH

p.

Quoting "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>:

> Guys,
>
> Ok, I've trawled through the archives and read between the lines of
the posts
> a bit more and some you have the Linksys WAP11 with Lucent Orinoco
Silver
> 802.11b cards, sourced though a Dr John bulk buy, correct ?
>
> What's this setup like to use in practice ? Would you recommend it ?
And
> where can I get the Orinoco Silver cards in the UK ?
>
> How many of you are using 802.11b cards with 802.11g APs, and does it
work ?
> I see Tony & Paul are having trouble with their Belkin &
Linksys 'G' APs. Are
> 'G' cards and 'G' APs ok ?
>
> Comments welcome :-)
>

> Thanks,
>
> Tim H.

Win98SE
> ?
>
> Ta,
>
> Tim H.

Hence a few
> questions . . .
>
> 1. Does the Fuji group exist elsewhere ? If not, does anyone have the
> archives in a form that I could access ?
> 2. Couldn't seem to access the FAQ either . . .
> 3. Is there a handy hints guide to setting up a Fuji on a wireless lan
?
> 4. What flavour of serial cable do I need to connect my Win2K laptop
to the
> Fuji to get file transfer going ?
> 5. I *know* there was a recent post on DB9 connectors on Cat5 cable
but just
> can't seem to find it in my, or the UKHA archives - can anyone oblige
?

> Finally, what wireless lan card & AP do I need for my Fuji ? ISTR
a lot of
> you went for the Linksys AP, but with which card ? Also, ISTR, that
the card
> for the Fuji needs to be 16 bit - does that make it a Type I or Type
II card
> ?
>
> If I can get an AP to support the Fuji, plus 802.11g that'd be great.
Also,