Re: Digisender Woes

Julian Stuhler wrote:

> Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to improve the sound/picture
> quality of a Digisender DG200 unit?

While I don't have that exact unit, I have a 2.4GHz video sender from
the Homebase clear outs ages ago.

> Having bought one a few months back, I just got around to installing
it
> and I must admit I'm VERY disappointed with the result. The receiver
is
> only about 10m away from the transmitter (with the signal travelling
> through 2 walls) but the sound is pretty rough (constant "white
noise"
> in the background) while the picture is generally OK but completely
> breaks up from time to time.
> I've tried all 4 channels and even switched off my WLAN AP in case
that
> was causing the interference but nothing seems to help.

Have you tried turning the ariels round a bit so they're better aimed at
each other ?

I do get interference problems from:- All Wi-Fi networking (ie you
switched off your AP but did you have client PCs with cards searching
for network - that is probably your problem), Bluetooth, microwave ovens
(both in the receiver in my kitchen when my mic is on, and when one of
the surrounding flats have theirs on, although much less interference)

You'll also probably find picture break up to the point of destruction
if you put yourself between the transmitter and receiver - you can
normally mess around with positioning, putting them on shelves etc so
that you don't get in the way too much :)

Basically I'm waiting for Kat5 MK2 with IR and I'll ebay the wireless
video senders.

--
Doogie