Re: [OT]Belkin 54g WAP

Hi Tony,

I've got one... I'm *trying* to use it with my apple powerbook...

Same problems as you... connection dies after a certain amount of time.

The WAP54G came in to replace my WAP11 - and I'm on the verge of putting
the
WAP11 back!  Before "G" I could surf from the powerbook (at
11mbps) anywhere
in the house without problems - no drops.

After "G" I can surf in the same room as the WAP only, and it
regularly dies
on me as you have mentioned.

I have spoken to LinkSys about this and they have no idea what is wrong.  I
have the latest firmware too.  Currently I am waiting for LinkSys to post
their new ratified G firmware for the WAP (they promise me its on the way),
shall then try that - if I cant get it to work then I shall be eBaying it
:-)

Anyone want a WAP54G that *might* work?

;-)

paul.

Quoting Tony Butler <lists@xxxxxxx>:

> Hi,
>
> I know a few people out there have these access points, so you might
be able
> help.
> Bought one a while back (after PH raving about it - or was he just
raving?
> :D)
> and finally got around to setting it up....
>
> Problem is the connection keeps on dying - if I do a lot (eg
downloading
> files)
> then it will crap out quickly.  If I do a little, it may take a
while...

> The test machine is a win2k lappy and I am have tried both a belkin
54g card

> and an onrinocco silver 802.11b card & get the same result.
> There are no other wifi networks around, though I do have two DECT
base
> stations - one with subscribed handsets, the other just being used as
> charger, but still operational as such.
> Signalwise, it seems to jump from 5.5 to 11 to 38 and back again in
fairly
> quick succession, even when the lappy isn't moving and is about 15'
from the

> WAP (through 2 brick wall).
>
> In every case, resetting the WAP will do the trick.  Most of the time,
I can