New one

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: New one
  • From: "Alex Ciurea" <alex@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:27:56 +0300

Hi everybody,

My name is Alex Ciurea, I'm a student from Bucharest, Romania, and I'm
interested in HA.

My first homework is to turn on/off a lamp, using a PC (IBM, not MAC),
through a web/wap page.

I want to use the x-10 signals to transmit my commands to the lamp.

This is my third day of study about xAP and x-10 and I begin to have an
idea
about all this stuff.

For the begining, my new friends from xap_automation group (@yahoogroups),
told me that I should start without the web/wap control. It's ok, at least
I'll figure how the x-10 works.

I know that I need a CM12 device, that will send signals into the mains.
Also, I need a software in order to control the CM12 module (witch is
connected to my PC through the serial port, and also connected to the
mains).

My question is: can I make (with my own 'sfworces') a device like CM12 and
LM12 ? I mean, a schema/plan about CM12, LM12 is hard to find on the
internet?
Or do I have to buy the CM12,LM12 devices?

If I want to buy those, I will be able to find an exact match for my
country's mains characteristics... voltage(220-230V), frequency(50Hz)...?

Hope that one day (sooooooon) I could help.

Thanks alot for your time and help,
Alex