Re: XBox Mod without a ModChip - part 2

This is very interesting!

A mate of mine who is a bit skint ATM and can't afford a 'proper' mod chip,
has
offered to let me try it out on his Xbox :-)

The Linux stuff looks like a PITA and has the biggest potential for
trouble,
however, the mod becomes trivial if the modder has access to a memory card
with
the relevant files on (and the 007 game of course), which got me
thinking...
As I already have a modded Xbox it wouldn't be difficult for me to put the
necessary files on a memory card which I could use, but does anyone know if
any
of the code involved in replacing the BIOS is copyrighted? I mean, if it
wasn't
and assuming it works as it should, I wouldn't mind lending out a memory
card
if others wanted to give it a bash.
I suspect this is a rather a grey area though so perhaps a private forum to
discuss the more sensitive aspects of Xbox modification? I could set
something
up if there is any interest.

Justin.