Re: 802.11b wireless bridges

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: 802.11b wireless bridges
  • From: "David Buckley" <db@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 19:42:36 -0000

> Yes, but you can only joing Linksys to Linksys, not inter-vendor
> AIUI. I don't want to buy a second Linksys AP just to be able to
> bridge when I already have a perfectly good access point!

I had WAPii <-> NetGear ME102 working fine, 'till I upgraded the
linksys software, and now nothing works :-)

I wish I'd never clapped eyes on Linksys.

Apparently, there is a common chipset and firmware all compatible
with each other, to the point that you can download dlink 22mbit/sec
software into WAP11s and double their speed, by changing a
manufacturer ID byte, see
http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/Wap11Ver22Hack

David

(Still without a wireless link to the office, and thus ukha-archive
is slipping back further in time...  Normal servidce will be resumed
soon, one hopes...)