Re: Sensors / Switches / etc

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Sensors / Switches / etc
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 10:39:49 -0000

> I did find some code on the web to directly connect a ds1620 to the
rabbit
> but I can't for the life of me get it to work... Patrick if you
have anything like
> this working I'd be interested to see where I am going wrong..

Afraid I don't. I've been using ordinary NTK thermistors.
At a guess, I'd say your issues are likely to be timing related.
Check the clock frequency the sample code was intended to run at (or
look at the DS interactions on a scope).
Running the dev board in debug mode can also affect timing I think...

It might also be worth looking at decoupling of the power supply, and
trying the one-wire long-transmission line mods (100k on each leg
seems to ring a bell?)

Patrick