Re: Xbox chips

Quoting steve.cooper@xxxxxxx:

> >> These aren't really recommended by the Xecuter ppl themselves
- they
> were
> >> introduced "by popular demand" but not recommended
for permanent fitting
> coz
> >> they have a habit of becoming unseated or something.....
>
> I can see that happening, after all it's just screwed down with the
pins
> touching the contacts.  No really guarantee of a electrical sound
> connection.  On the other hand I'm not going to be throwing the thing
> around it's just going to sit in the AV cabinet.

I would be concerned that, if nothing else, the expansion/contraction
associated with the temperatures in the Xbox (let alone an AV rack) would
be
enough to effect the integrity of the connections. Add to that the
vibration
>from
problem :-)

I guess my biggest concern would be that I would be taking the box apart
(not
particularly easy) every five minutes to re-seat the chip. Still, nothing
ventured....

Justin.