[OT] Bluetooth woes...

Aarrgghh, - this is getting right on my tits now!!

many days later and I *still* haven't managed to get activesync working
over
bluetooth...

It gets a little bit further now, in as much as when I run the "get
connected wizard" on the PC, and it scans all the ports, when it gets
COM5 (which is the BT serial port), the iPAQ pops up a "Bluetooth
Security"
page saying the device name <my Laptop> is requesting access to
"Serial
Port", - and an accept or reject button... Activesync on the PC stays
on the
same serial port until I press the "Accept" button on the iPAQ,
at which
point it continues to scan through all the other serial ports.... However,
at the end of the scan it says my device was not detected... :-(

I can *see* the connection being made to the iPAQ, - looking in bluetooth
Manager & status screens shows the connection from the laptop.

As another test, I've run hyperterm on the laptop and connected to the
bluetooth serial port.. I can see the connection then appear on the iPAQ's
bluetooth monitor screen, so I guess that proves the COM port is connecting
OK...

However, I'm dammed if I can get activesync to talk to it... the closest I
can get, is to manually set the connection settings by setting the
"Allow
serial cable or infrared connection to this serial port" option, and
specifying the correct COM port on the "connection settings"
page, then
running the "get connected" wizard... and when it scans through
the ports, I
can *see* the connection appear in the list of active connections in the BT
manager on the iPAQ... but at the end of the wizard, Activesync says it
"does not recognise the device that is trying to connect"

If I try to start the activesync connection from the iPAQ end, it sits
there
endlessly in the "connecting to host" state...

Sigh..  I see once again, the reality does not quite live up to the
hype....

Anyone got any ideas?

TIA

Paul G.

Overloaded with spam? With MSN 8, you can filter it out
http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail&pgmarket=en-gb&XAPID=32&DI=1059