RE: Help: Composite to S-Video lead gives a black and white image

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Help: Composite to S-Video lead gives a black and white image
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 20:22:58 +0100

> Can anyone a) tell me why I get black and white and b) let me know
> how I get s-video from my Tivo to the projector.

A straight lead won't work, been there, done that, got the t-shirt! I
think, IIRC, something is missing that gives the colour but TBH, I don't
remember Phil or Keith will explain the technical bits, suffice to say
it doesn't work.

What you need it an RGB to S-Video converter from www.rgbtosvideo.com
don't bother with the Keene ones as all reports say they're pretty guff.
That will give you a proper S-Video from RGB out on TiVo, I used one for
a year or so and it was great.

However, if you can, I'd go RGB to Component, more expensive but it is
better, noticeably so IMHO and the converters for that are on the same
site.

HTH

K.