Re: UKHA 2003 Announcement - MODERATED!

> > Maybe there will be once the schedule is sorted out - I mean in
fairness,
> ATM,
> > you are asking ppl to shell out a minimum of £20 quid day for
about 1/2 a
> dozen
> > demos of things they may not know much about.
>
> Half a dozen????  There are 16 so far...and some of those (like
Laser's

I did actually want to count them, but I couldn't see a link from your site
the list, and I'd already started the email, so I couldn't refer back to
your
earlier post.  I just guessed - too lazy to quit the email and go back...

> include severla items together like Barix Exstreamer, curtain
controller
> etc).  A my god, twenty quid a day!?  That buys a round of drinks when
> you're out for the night.  It's no fortune.

No I know it's not a lot - well, not to me anyway, but it is to some.
I wasn't trying to be flippant in what I said.  I skimmed the link you
posted
and, based on memory a few minutes later when I started the email, it had
_seemed_ like there was only about 1/2 a dozen demos, that's all.
I was just trying to present a point of view as to why ppl may not be
booking
in droves....

> > This is not a criticism of the meet, just me thinking why ppl
have not
> booked.
> > There are _some_ of the demos certainly I want to see, but I
don't think
> it's
> > enough to compel me to go - I'm going more for the overall
experience :)

> This isn't the ideal home or whatever...this is our first year outside
of a
> PUB for heaven sake!

I know that.  I don't know why you are being so defensive because I
certainly
am not attacking!  I am going because I had a good time last year, not
because
I want to see all the demos listed so far - it's as simple as that.
For other ppl, that may not be reason enough to go.

> I think we have an EXCELLENT line-up.  Graham and I our doing this for
the
> whole group, we're not taking a penny...in fact we're both bloody
PAYING for
> the previlage.
>
> Sometime I wonder why I bother.

Not everyone will know or appreciate the level of effort involved, and I
know
you will take this the wrong way since you seem to have been offended by my
post, but just because someone flies in from NI to be at the meeting, for
example, does _not_ per-se make it a compelling visit for someone maybe 5
minutes down the road.
YOU might know there is a great lineup, there is enough to keep us going
all
day, it is a bargain for the money etc etc, but this is not neccessarily
obvious from the articles on the website!  I think you need to sell it to
the
group more.

I'm sure there are a lot of ppl on the group who came on board since the
original decisions on venue 1/2 days etc, and indeed visitors to your site
not
on the list who may be interested, but if you don't sell it to em, then
they
won't buy it!

Just an opinion.  I'll go back to my cellar now.....

Tony