Re: UKHA 2003 Announcement - MODERATED!

> Maybe there will be once the schedule is sorted out - I mean in
fairness,
ATM,
> you are asking ppl to shell out a minimum of £20 quid day for about
1/2 a
dozen
> demos of things they may not know much about.

Half a dozen????  There are 16 so far...and some of those (like Laser's
include severla items together like Barix Exstreamer, curtain controller
etc).  A my god, twenty quid a day!?  That buys a round of drinks when
you're out for the night.  It's no fortune.

> And they still have to get to whereever it is, possibly including an
overnight
> stay.

I'm flying from NI.  It's costing me about 100 quid for the flights and two
nights int he hotel.  People DID vote for a 2 day hotel meet.

> This is not a criticism of the meet, just me thinking why ppl have not
booked.
> There are _some_ of the demos certainly I want to see, but I don't
think
it's
> enough to compel me to go - I'm going more for the overall experience
:)

This isn't the ideal home or whatever...this is our first year outside of a
PUB for heaven sake!

I think we have an EXCELLENT line-up.  Graham and I our doing this for the
whole group, we're not taking a penny...in fact we're both bloody PAYING
for
the previlage.

Sometime I wonder why I bother.