Re: Hello all

On Thu, 2003-04-03 at 22:13, Jan Frickel wrote:
> But I am really struggling with the XM12u interface for home vision.
>
> I can turn most things on but if more than say half the down stairs
lights are on then things stop working.

> It does effect the 433Mhz controlers but not as bad.
>
> So far I have striped out all the mini fluorescents under unit kitchen
lighting, all energy saving bulbs, most of the low voltage lighting. I am
left with standard tungsten lights and maybe 16 12v low voltage recessed
lights (all on own switch mode trannis) and one standard strip light in the
utility room. I have tried many locations for the XM12u and have fitted an
x10 firewall/filter at the fuse box incoming.

> I am at my wits end not to mention it is starting to prove my wife
right, as in "these things never work bla bla bla, why can't we have
normal light switches like every one else, blaa blaa..." And that's
the bit that really get's me.

When you switch stuff on, is it always the same stuff? Perhaps it's one
individual bit of kit that's causing the problem? If you've moved it
(XM12U) round the house it certainly sounds like something is spitting
out interference onto the power lines rather than any RF interference.

Do you switch any TV's or other equipment like that?

--
Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>