From: "Hawes,Timothy Edward (GEG)" <haweste@xxxxxxx>
To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, April 07, 2003 3:45 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Was [OT] Electricity Bill now LED garden lights

> Ian,
>
> Thanks. What brightness LEDs did you use ? I got a blue-LED keyring
torch
as a Christmas pressie and that's really bright - much too bright to look
into (compared to the status LEDs on AV equipment etc.). There's no street
lights near us either so I think they should be ok as pathway markers etc.

> I'm also looking at ways to cluster them and sink them into the edges
the
drive - my favourite option ATM is to recycle stubbie beer bottles with 2-4
LEDs inside. I haven't yet figured out how to secure them inside the
bottle,
but I need to put something together and do some testing.

> How did the bulk-buy from superbrightleds.com work out ? I don't
remember
seeing any feedback but it might have been when I un-subbed from the list
while I was working away.

http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php?story_id=1110