Hello all

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Hello all
  • From: "Jan Frickel" <jan@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Apr 2003 22:13:49 +0100

I have not posted before so I apologise if I drop any clangers. I have
fitted so far;

Home cinema,

Distributed sky,

Centralised audio/video for 3 rooms with 200 disc CD/DVD duke box,

All but 2 or 3 lights are on x10,

Home vision controller,

Home vision expansion board,

6 zone temp monitoring,

1 zone heating control (kitchen),

3 zone IR distribution,

Everything works fine with pronto / IR, The 8 MS13 work lovely, including
the 4 other 433 MHz controllers.

But I am really struggling with the XM12u interface for home vision.

I can turn most things on but if more than say half the down stairs lights
are on then things stop working.

It does effect the 433Mhz controlers but not as bad.

So far I have striped out all the mini fluorescents under unit kitchen
lighting, all energy saving bulbs, most of the low voltage lighting. I am
left with standard tungsten lights and maybe 16 12v low voltage recessed
lights (all on own switch mode trannis) and one standard strip light in the
utility room. I have tried many locations for the XM12u and have fitted an
x10 firewall/filter at the fuse box incoming.

I am at my wits end not to mention it is starting to prove my wife right,
as in "these things never work bla bla bla, why can't we have normal
light switches like every one else, blaa blaa..." And that's the bit
that really get's me.

help..

Jan Frickel

Chester