Girder to Homeseer (for a UIRT)

Hi all,

I've just built a UIRT (a serial IR Reciever/Transmitter) and am
trying to get it to talk to Homeseer.  I've searched the Homeseer
message board and haven't found any plug-in's for this hardware.

A Girder plug-in exists for the UIRT which I've got working a treat.
I've searched for a Homeseer Plug-in for Girder and found none.

My questions:

1)  Does anyone know of a Homeseer plug-in for the UIRT?

2)  Has anyone got a (clean) way for Girder to trigger a Homeseer
event (a plug-in would be ideal)?

3)  If the answer is "no" to 1&2, is there a way to create a
text
file with girder, other than having Girder open and type to Notepad?

I do have it working, but it's quite slow and pretty cobbled.
Currently, Girder creats a text file which Homeseer checks for every
x seconds with a recurring event.  The text file contains the name of
the event to be triggered.  This is slow and messy--I'd rather not
have a multi-second delay for my IR commands.

Any help would be MOST appreciated.

Thanks,
Doug W.