Re: Girder to Homeseer (for a UIRT)

Replying to my own post, but I've made some progress...

I found a bit simpler way to create the "communication" file in
Girder.  I now have it executing a .bat file to "echo EventName>
C:\Homeseer\commfile.dat".

As before, Homeseer checks for this file's existence every X seconds
and triggers the named event.

My next attempt (just thought of it this morning) is to execute
the "echo EventName> C:\Homeseer\commfile.dat" command
directly in
Girder.

Any more direct ties between the UIRT and Homeseer would be most
appreciated.

Doug W.

P.S.  I've had some problems with the UIRT itself.  I'm using the
schematic and PIC hex files from  http://www.fukushima.us/UIRT2/
The only way I was able to get it to work was by reversing the diodes
vs. how they were shown on the schematic.  I've also had problems
with the circuit overheating (I actually burned my finger on the
PIC).  Tough little guy survived, though.  Anybody else have
experience with this?

<SNIP>
> My questions:
>
> 1)  Does anyone know of a Homeseer plug-in for the UIRT?
>
> 2)  Has anyone got a (clean) way for Girder to trigger a Homeseer
> event (a plug-in would be ideal)?
>
> 3)  If the answer is "no" to 1&2, is there a way to
create a text