Re: Watering the garden.. how it's done

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Watering the garden.. how it's done
  • From: "patricklidstone" <patrick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2003 18:31:32 -0000

> Humidity seems to be the holy grail of watering. If you can
> find a humidity sensor which has a set point then digital inputs
like these
> will do nicely. If not you are down to rolling something analogue or
> probably paying a fortune for something commercial. This latter
analogue
> one is on the project list but still many months or a year or so
away.

I've been dabbling with humidity sensing - using xAP, so integration
with Ian's relays is a possibility.

http://patrick.lidstone.net/ha/Current%20Project

has details of the basic telemetry board, which includes a humidity
sensor, albeit a pretty crude one. I gather dew points can be an
issue in horticultural/glass house environments, so perhaps this
wouldn't be suitable? I'd intended it to be used in the bathroom :-)
The board also includes ambient light, temperature, sound (for
occupancy purposes) and sub-cm movement detection (again for
occupancy purposes).

Patrick