From: Paul [mailto:p-gale@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 30 March 2003 19:13
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Keene IR

I (and a few others I think) have had problems with Sky boxes and IR
dist. I have a Sky+ box and an older Panasonic Sky box. I'm controlling
the Sky+ box through my whole-house music amp system (with IR
pass-through from IR receivers in the wall controllers). As soon as the
signal goes through this system it becomes a bit unreliable (possibly
amplified too much? Or otherwise altered in some way). It does work fine
though if I bounce the signal off a wall, ceiling etc rather than
pointing directly at the receiver. I've not yet taken my scope to the
signals to have an in-depth look at what's going wrong. I'll do that
this week sometime.

Paul.