Re: Whats the best Digital Freeview set top box...

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Whats the best Digital Freeview set top box...
  • From: "mark_harrison_uk2" <mph@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2003 23:26:53 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Phil Harris" <phil@a...> wrote:

> Is it just me or did you used to be able to actually walk out of
> places such as Comet, Currys, Dixons, MFI etc *WITH* your purchase?

I think it's just you :-)

Certainly Comet has adopted a "showroom" policy for as long as
I've
been working with them - that was 2000.

If you ask for "a dishwasher" - they'll have one... However, they
won't have one of every model - they'll just have one.

This is because the vast majority of customers actually want home
delivery anyway, so the (limited) stock-room space is devoted to the
small things like toasters and kettles.

M.