Re: CCTV Software

Hi Rich,

You may be in (sort of) luck, depending on what you want to run it on.

I've written a suite of software called ZoneMinder which does all of the
things you want and more, including X10 integration if you're into that as
well. The good news is that it's free, the bad news for you might be that
it's Linux only but the good news is that Linux is free too!

If you want to have a look at it I've stuck it on a website at
http://www.zoneminder.com where
you can see a few (oldish) screenshots and
get more details and so on. You can also download it from there, the latest
kosher version is 0.9.9. However I also have a beta of the latest version
but the link is hidden at present. If you want to download it you'll have
point your browser at
http://www.zoneminder.com/downloads/zm-0.9.10-beta2.tar.gz
to get it. The
major change in this version is support for network cameras (like the Axis
and DLink ones) as well as local cameras (via USB or capture cards) but
there are lots of other changes and fixes as well.

Cheers,

Phil,