Re: CCTV Software

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: Re: CCTV Software
  • From: "Richard Boreham" <richard.boreham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2003 19:02:04 -0000

Rich

An option is iVISTA.  I've been trying this recently in conjunction with
Comfort's Web Interface.

It does all you want including the ability to stream to the internet from
the 'box'.  However it does cost $99 for the version that includes motion
detection and mail alarms (or ftp).  It provides a Java applet which you
can
embed in your own pages so you are not restricted to using the standard
iVISTA format page.  However, one drawback seems to be that there is not a
Java applet that allows you to see the 'logs' page (i.e. the motion
detection logs).  The only way I've found to make this work is to embed the
full iVISTA page in my own pages - not very elegant but it works!

On motion detection it takes a series of snapshots over several seconds and
a video clip (duration of which is configurable).  It seems that only the
snapshot is emailed/ftped  - can't seem to send the clip. Although it is
viewable from the web page.

Otherwise it seems to work well.  I think you can get an evaluation copy
>from
shopping option).

Overall I've been pretty impressed bar a niggle or two over the
registration
process which seems to be needlessly restrictive.  I'd be interested in
others opinions on this product.

Message: 18