Re: Water Conditioners...

Phil,

Had the electronic "conditioner" thingy for a couple of years, didn't notice
the slightest difference whatsoever... - nice flashing LED display though...

I Now have a whole-house water-softener, which works an absolute treat at
softening the water... - it does as you say, feel "slippery" all the time,
however, my in-laws live "up north" in a soft water area, and the water is
like that naturally... Having lived in hard water areas for my entire life,
it was one of the first things I noticed... - I presumed that soft water is
just "like that"...

Tha salt in the softener is used purely for the regeneration cycle, - it
never actually comes into contact with the supplied softened water (I
believe) - certainly there is no salt *in* the water, otherwise we'd be able
to taste it...

If you want my old electronic conditioner you're welcome to it though.... -
I guess you could at least give it a try and see if you notice anything...

Paul G.

>We live in a very hard water area ... Wifey would like one of the
>"Kinetico" type water softeners but they're too damn expensive and to my
>mind make the water feel "greasy" (my in-laws have one as does my
>brother in law and both places are the same - the water feels "slippery"
>due to the salt).
>
>Has anyone used the electronic "conditioners" that claim to stop the
>formation of scale? How well do they work?
>
>Phil

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor