RE: New Pronto!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New Pronto!
  • From: "Andy Bovingdon" <bov@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2002 11:00:49 +0100

But the page also outlines work with Intel for the XScale processor. I
would
guess that they plan on doing a Pronto Lite product for the PocketPC as a
result (like the Palm already available).

Having been playing with using the NetRemote software with my iPaq with
8211b ;-) I have discovered one real key problem. Either I have to leave my
iPaq turned on all the time or I have to wait until the device has started
up
it's networking etc - ok so I'm using DHCP at the moment and switching
to a fixed IP should be quicker, but it's still a few seconds. On the
Pronto
today I simply tap the screen and press the button, but on the iPaq I need
to press the on button, guess when the WLAN has kicked in and then press
the button - far less convenient.

I'm beginning to really appreciate the convenience of the Pronto design.
It's dedicated to a purpose and does it best. I think my control plans are
now looking at using Pocket PC's with wired networking mounted into
walls as master controls, combined with Prontos as "real
remotes".

So, providing the price is not stupid - I'd by one :-)

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

---

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx