Re: IRM +FirM Interfacing Update

Hi Nikola,

> Regarding feedback, I thought that "brain" (PC, Homevision) analyzes any
> signal received from zones and then decides where to transfer it. That
way,
> if I use TV remote in Living room, where TV itself is located, it
recognizes
> the code as TV command and knows that there is no need for transferring
that
> code to other rooms or to living room itself, because TV can receive
command
> from remote controller directly.

If you will use AutoM8it, then this will be easily possible, based on
events.
Anyhow, the system does not pass IR commands by himself.

> If you send a TV command from bedroom, it knows that there's no TV there
and
> transmitts command in the living room only, because it knows that TV is
>there.
The same comment.

> Can Dan put some more inteligence in signal, e.g. by putting one or two
> extra bits at the end of the original signal as "identifiers". "Brain"
will
> then know if it receives such signal that it was sent by FirM so it will
not
> transmit it anymore. Such "identifier" bits should not be recognized by
any
> of the equipment as commands.

If I understand well, you want to use two systems in paralel? The signal
generated by the PC is the IR command (without the carrier if using FirM),
so if I put some extra bits, then it will not contain a valid IR command.
Please be more specific.

Thank you,
Dan