RE: Projector & Screen Recommendations

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Projector & Screen Recommendations
  • From: "Doug Hendry" <ksdhe0@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2002 17:29:53 +0100

Martyn,

Some of the Sony LCD Projectors have a 'sideshot' capability which allows them to me placed off-centre and you can adjust the image for this. The
off-centre position of the projector is dictated by the distance of the
projector from the screen so you can't put it just anywhere but there is some flexibility.

This facility is on the HS1 but it looks as though there are new models
coming from Sony next month (November) (e.g.
http://www.avland= .co.uk/sony/vplhs2/index.htm ).

As I don't have one I can't comment on image quality etc.

HTH,

Doug

Sent: 23 October 2002 15:54
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Projector & Screen Recommendations

Hi All,

Thanks for all the advice so far, I'm busy studying brochures and web sites=
at the moment, the Panasonic PT - AE100 seems to fit the bill projector wis= e
as it's available for around =A31200, and gets fairly good reviews.

Do these projectors (LCD in general) have to be pointed "head on"= at the
screen, or can they be mounted off to the side?  Reason for asking is = that
if I mount a screen from the ceiling at one end of the room, I could sit th= e
projector on top of my AV rack which is along the right hand wall (probably=
about 6 feet from the screen and at a 45 degree angle off the centre line o= f
the screen if the room is viewed from above).  This would win brownie = points
with SWMBO as there would be less disruption to the room from having to
ceiling mount it and run wires all over the place etc.

Also, does anybody know of any AV shops that do home demos of equipment
(Northamptonshire area)?  Or maybe that hire equipment out on short te= rm
lease?  It'd be good to be able to try out some projectors actually in= the
room that is going to be used to get an idea of which would be best suited.=

Thanks,

Martyn

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""