Re: LM12 lamp module

Hi Doogie,

> Should brighten or dim.

I have only succeeded to dim it continously from max to min using AutoM8it, but cannot dim it at a specific value, nor to bright it...
... it hangs with a small fading and I must disconect it froom the mains in order to stop it.

> Is it a standard table lamp? I know I've had problems in the past with,
> particularly halogen lights with built in transformers... eg I have a
> cheap halogen desk light which doesn't work at all properly with a lamp
> module but will work fine with an appliance module.

I have tried with two lamp bulbs (60W and 100W). With both of them I get the same result.

> I'm pretty sure the
> triac in the LM...... "chops up the current delivery" or something like
> that which might result in a flickering..... I occasionally get a
> flickering with certain lights sometimes... but its flickering not
> flashing.... ie its as if you're looking sideways at a computer monitor
> at a low refresh rate, and you can "see" the refresh rate.
.... again my english...(:-)))... it is about flickering, not flashing....:-)... yes, you can compare it with the monitor, but much more intense.

>> Another question: It is possible to have local dim/bright commands for
>> LM12
>> module, by modifying it?

> Absolutely no idea about that...! I run mine by various time setting
> things and by having local controllers in the area... I've never even
> taken an X10 module apart..... which is quite unlike me.....! Hmmm....
> must rectify that!

:-))
I have only the CM11 interface, no other controller, so I am interested to have local DIM/BRIG commands.

Thank you,
Dan

-

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor