Re: LM12 lamp module

Dan wrote:

> Hi all,

Hi Dan,

> How a LM12 lamp module must work?
>
> Is it able to dim and bright, or only to dim?

Should brighten or dim.

> I have a new one and it is almost impossible to use it.
> Loaded with an 100W lamp it can be ON/OFF using X10 commands, but when
> dim,
> sometimes it try to dim a little bit then start to flash and it can not be
> powered off by X10 commands anymore. It must be disconnected from the
> mains
> in order to stop it.

Is it a standard table lamp? I know I've had problems in the past with,
particularly halogen lights with built in transformers... eg I have a
cheap halogen desk light which doesn't work at all properly with a lamp
module but will work fine with an appliance module. I'm pretty sure the
triac in the LM...... "chops up the current delivery" or something like
that which might result in a flickering..... I occasionally get a
flickering with certain lights sometimes... but its flickering not
flashing.... ie its as if you're looking sideways at a computer monitor
at a low refresh rate, and you can "see" the refresh rate.

> Another question: It is possible to have local dim/bright commands for
> LM12
> module, by modifying it?

Absolutely no idea about that...! I run mine by various time setting
things and by having local controllers in the area... I've never even
taken an X10 module apart..... which is quite unlike me.....! Hmmm....
must rectify that!

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor