-----Original Message-----
From: Steven Edgar [mailto:yahoogroups@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 15 October 2002 23:46
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: [ukha_d] AV distribution box

I'm planning to use Keith Doxey's KAT5 modules to feed AV from three sat boxes
in two rooms to four other rooms, but I need complete flexibility in what
signal goes to where, including multiple rooms viewing the same feed. Anyone
know of a switch box that can handle that?

I've come up with a scheme that uses an extra seven of Keith's KAT5 slave
modules and four standard SCART switches, but it, um, lacks elegance, means
I'm sacrificing one of the feeds to two rooms, I'm worried about splitting
each signal four ways, and means adding extra feeds (eg DVD) would be
expensive. Ideally I'd like a box that can handle four+ inputs and five+
outputs. The system core is in my attic, where I have CAT5 patch panels with
feeds from each of the rooms to be served, so the switch box needs to be
sited there.

I've done the usual searches on google, through the Keene, CPC and other
catalogues and come up empty. Surely someone must have done this?

Thanks

Steven Edgar (UKHA list newby