Re: Re: IR Repeater Thru Mains - was - New site for InfraredRemote Manager

Dan wrote:

> There is one function for my air conditioning system (SWING) which is
> in the same situation, unfortunately there is no way to get a feedback.
> How do you think that this wold be possible, anyway..?

Depending on exactly what you want to do, and depending on whether you
can achieve a known state, you might be able to cludge it. eg if you
kill the power (via X10 module or other power control device), does the
function reset to a known state when the power is put back on? If you
send an IR command to switch from cool to fan only or something, does
the function reset to a known state?

My Toshiba TV doesn't have discreet codes for anything. I therefore have
some pronto macros to acheive a known state then issue commands.... eg
power off which is a toggle.... if I send a 1 the TV will either switch
to channel 1 if its on, or switch on and go to channel 1 if its off. A
couple of seconds delay then a power toggle command ensures that the set
actually goes off no matter what the original state. Same for AV
inputs... changes to a known state (channel 1) then issues the AV input
toggle key a number of times to the correct input.

If this sort of known state is impossible, you've got a couple of
options.... hardware mods like you and Mark Harrison came up with or a
forced intermediary.... eg IR input covered so that all can access it is
a stick on emitter. Commands to stick on emitter issued by a stateful
controller PC/ Homevision/ etc. if you wanted to still use the original
remote, the command could be intercepted by the stateful controller and
then re-issued via the stick on emitter.

--
Doogie

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor