RE: Re: IR Repeater Thru Mains - was - New site for Infrared Remote Manager

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Re: IR Repeater Thru Mains - was - New site for Infrared Remote Manager
  • From: "Mark Harrison" <Mark.Harrison@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Oct 2002 21:11:48 +0100

Dan,

Well, the "simple" answer is to bypass the manufacturer's interface, and put in something further back.

Obviously, in the case of most hi-tech products, this is generally possible with a software hack.

In the case of, say, the air-con, then it might be possible to replace the LED with a relay, and have it trigger something like an HV input port (or a PC input port.)

M.