-----Original Message-----
From: Martin [mailto:ukha@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 November 2002 12:18
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] CAM8 CCTV

Mark
The din output is low voltage, a trigger is about 3-4v, using the din
port you can detect which camera is triggered, and then HV switches the
corresponding outside light on and other events.
HV does not change the mode, i leave the cam system in home mode all the
time and HV sends IR commands to the video for recording. HV also
operates a sounder, a short blip instead of a beep.

Just looked for the ADEVA.co.uk website and they have gone !

Just found the manual in my desk drawer.....

Automatic Switch to Away Mode
It is possible to connect a trigger line from Cam8 control panel to an
intruder alarm to make the system switch back to away/home mode.
There are two terminals Alarm Set/Unset on the rear of the control unit
to connect to an intruder alarm.
Note If timers are programmed they will override this facility

      AlarmSet  Sounder
      -veSW+ve  SW-ve12v

The -ve should be connected to the -ve terminal of the alarm control
panel
and the SW+ve should be connected to the SW+ve(+ve set) terminal of the
control panel

Thats all its says in the manual, never tried it myself.
If you'd like to know more about the DIN to HV connected let me know and
post the pin out connections i use.

HTH
Martin