Re: Dvd Changer mechanisms

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Dvd Changer mechanisms
  • From: "Doogie Brodie" <ukhad@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 04 Nov 2002 15:33:15 -0000

--- In ukha_d@y..., "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@n...> wrote:
> Pics would be great!!!!

Awww, feck.... SWMBO's brother currently has the camera on loan...
I'll put the thumbscrews on her to get it back ASAP... :)

> What I'm after is building a computer based changer, or gutting an
> existing one..But making the reader a normal drive, so when blu ray or
> whatever takes over, just change drive and suddenly... Blu ray changer
> or HD DVD or whatever we end up with....

> I've got some bits and pieces on order, but I know this one will take a
> long time, but I'm a very patient guy...

Sounds good. ISTR PC CD Jukeboxes that did that sort of thing many
moons ago.... small capacity though. Obviously when you're in the
x00's of discs, a carousel is easier than a cartridge type thing taken
by car CD changers etc. I have a Pioneer 25 CD changer from donkeys
ago that has a file type mechanism.... almost the same as the carousel
but not enough discs to go round the carousel, so 25 CDs on their end,
with a mech that slides up and down to pull out the disc you want. I
don't mind popping the top off that one for photos when I get the
camera back, if its any use.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor