RE: Recommendations for Plasma TV...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Recommendations for Plasma TV...
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 3 Nov 2002 13:34:11 -0000

    Yes - be  a little careful re connections on the Panasonic - if the RGB
input is used and only composite synch is available (i.e. no separate
synch's for horizontal and vertical , or synch on green) then the Panasonic
utilises the composite video input to get around this. This effectively
loses you the composite input for other use. Additionally the S-Video input
overrides the composite if present so you can't use S-Video either !! There
is no Scart input on the Panasonic standard board so you might need a Scart
to RGB cable which provides composite synch only. You also need to think
about the windscreen auto switching if you go this route.

    There are ways around all of this but it needs a little thought and
planning. If you do go for the Panasonic tuner ( ridiculously overpriced)
you also need a different input board that provides one tuner only custom
connection and all the connections are then made to the tuner box.   BTW it
also says in the manual that you will lose the use of the RS232 control port
on the cell if you plug in the tuner box - unfortunate :-( . Maybe the tuner
box provides it's own RS232 control port ??? Anyone got one ?

    I am delighted with the Panasonic btw.

    Kevin