RE: Anytime ISP recommendation please

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Anytime ISP recommendation please
  • From: "Mark Hetherington" <mark.egroups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2002 18:33:24 -0000

I have been using Demon (£10+VAT i.e. £11.75pm) plus surftime
(paid to BT)
for a few years now on Home Highway. No time cut off. I only have evenings
and weekends since I am at work the rest of the time but that is 14 hours
(6pm-8am) weekdays and all weekend.

For 24/7 surftime, as well as the increased BT subscription, I think the
Demon side goes up to £19.99 inc VAT. I have considered this option
in order
to acheive "always on" since BB is never coming to my exchange
but it was a
while ago that I checked the price.

Never had an engaged tone with them and other than mail delays with POP3 a
while back which resulted in them upgrading the servers, not really had any
complaints about reliability. I use the SMTP feed now rather than POP3 in
order to bounce SPAM automatically which is another plus point for Demon.
You get a static IP as well in case that is of benefit.

Single channel only but Demon have suggested they might offer a bonded form
at some point. Currently bonded calls are at local call rates.

HTH.

Mark.