Re: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when o pen)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Garage Door opener & Canopy Doors (protrudes when o pen)
  • From: "tomdubourg" <thomas.dubourg@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 19:31:37 -0000

Hi Pete

Thanks for the info - and glad to hear of your success story (still
be interested to hear of anyone fitting a door opener to double
width canopy doors?)

My next dilema is the size of the unit. My father has a van which
fits in the garage but I am concerned about the door opener being
too low and being unable to get the van in the garage!

I'd be really grateful if you could tell me how much the Motorlift
hangs below the garage door when it is fully open. He can probably
park the van to the side of the garage, in which case how wide is
the Motorlift?

Cheers again - and thanks for the tip on the restraints...

Tom

ps i checked the Chamberlain web
(http://www.chamberlain.com/cgi/productLine/0,1655,LanguageID%253D39%=
2526ContentID%253D35,00.html) site but there is not a lot of info
for their Motorlift brand.

-- In ukha_d@y..., "White, Peter" <peter.white@b...> wrote:=
> Tom
>
> I've got 2 of the motorlifts (2 x Henderson metal single canopy
doors), and
> they've worked fine now for nearly 3 years.  The only criticism <= BR> I've got is
> that the external keypad is not very well water-proofed, so every
couple of
> years it tends to fail, but it is on an exposed wall.  Not a
problem though,
> as good ol' Screwfix will always replace it as they offer a 5yr
warranty.

> I can take some piccies and email them over if it helps when you
come to fit
> them.
>
> The first one you fit will take about 4 hours to do (there are
lots of
> bits), but the second one is a whole lot easier.  I found the brackets that
> come with the unit that hold it on the ceiling to be a bit flimsy, so if you
> do order from Screwfix, don't forget to order a couple of
restraint straps
> (item# D11985, pg 32) as it makes the whole thing a lot more
stable.

> Pete

He

http://groups.ya= hoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

http://docs.yahoo.com/info/te= rms/

> This electronic transmission is considered PRIVILEGED AND
CONFIDENTIAL
> information and is
> intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above.
>
> If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient or the employee
> or agent responsible for delivering
> the message to the intended recipient(s), please note that any
> dissemination, use, distribution or copying of this
> communication is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.
>
> Anyone who receives this communication in error should notify the
sender
> immediately by telephone at
> +44 (0)1753 778888 and should destroy and delete the message  immediately.
> http://www.banctec.co.uk

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""