-----Original Message-----
From: Doogie Brodie [mailto:ukhad@xxxxxxx]
Sent:
24 May 2002 14:43
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: Re: [ukha_d] ShowShifter vs. TiVo

I had been thinking about building a showshifter box for quite a while.
I have used Digiguide for a long time (I recently renewed to a 5 year
subscription), I used it in announcement mode... "The Simpsons is on in
2 minutes on Sky One".... :)
I specced out a decent box with decent size hard drives, loads of memory
etc, etc and it was going to cost me somewhere in the region of a
grand..... I heard Mark evangelising about Tivo as an ex SS user (it was
through him that I heard of SS in the first place), and I thought no,
I'll get a nice PC which will do everything..... then I saw Mr Tonks
selling some for 150 quid. Coincidentally, on the same day that this
story was on Slashdot:-
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/04/04/1431249&mode=nested&tid=152

The amount of hassle that people seem to have with PC based PVRs seems
horrendous....! One of the major points I want >from