RE: ADSL filters

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: ADSL filters
  • From: "Nikola Kasic" <nikola@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 17 May 2002 16:18:50 +0100

Means, that I connect telephone line to patch panel to the port where I want it. I have 16 network points (sockets) in my flat and phone is currently plugged in network socket No.8 (with the RJ45-BT connector adapter, of course), so my telephone line in node0 is plugged in patching panel, port 8.
If I want to move phone in some other room, I will plug it in e.g. socket 12 and plug line in port 12 in patching panel.
If I want them both in parallel, I'll put a splitter in node 0 and connect one output to port 8 and the other to port 12.
Hope this makes it clearer.
Wherever I want ment whichever network socket I want. Sorry for the confusion.
Nik